Our job is to provide engineering services in CFD (“computational fluid dynamics”) to our customers to help them optimize and validate a digital approach their products, buildings where systems.
This type of technique is used in many areas where fluids are involved movements. CFD is used on an urban scale and building but also for the design of specific systems (HVAC, plumbing, heating …).
Fluid and thermal simulation is increasingly used in various fields to simulate real phenomena on computer. It is thus possible to better understand the properties of a system, facility and predict its behavior and its installation in conditions it is impossible to test in reality. then we can consider to optimize and verify the characteristics of an installation, the air conditioners of the position in a room, the geometrical data of a diffuser …
The INEX fluid mechanical engineers specializing in software use Autodesk® Simulation CFD that offers a wide range of features of thermal simulation and fluid flow. These enable to achieve fast and accurate simulations of incompressible turbulent flow and heat transfer by conduction, convection and radiation.
Computational Fluid Dynamics, CFD, Wind Engineering, Urban Physics, Building Physics, Natural Ventilation, Turbulence Modeling, Grid Generation, Aerothermodynamics, Sand Mitigation, Erosion-Transport-Deposition Modeling, Wind Loads
Our methods of calculation in CFD
Our high quality material (PC workstations, multi-processor computers) allows us to be reactive in any case.
Thus, we reject the physical limits, through our computing server dedicated to CFD for optimum power. We can now perform CFD calculations with a network of tens of millions of cells.
Computer simulation is now a powerful tool for the study of fluid flows.
The thermal comfort and management of the quality of indoor air are the main green building design challenges. Standards such as ASHRAE 55-2004 (covering thermal comfort in a space) and ASHRAE 62.1-2007 (covering the ventilation for the quality of acceptable indoor air quality (IAQ)) can be treated using CFD simulation .
The simulation of “stalk” the sources of discomfort associated with both the building’s architecture as its use. Our software uses equations to determine indices Fanger comfort PPD (Percentage of People Dissatisfied) and PMV (Predicted Mean Vote).
Prestation CFD :
• Study of thermal comfort in sensitive areas (stadium, swimming pool, theater …)
• Optimization of natural ventilation
• Airflow Urban, study of pedestrian comfort
• Study of the spread of fire smoke
• Specific Airflow (laboratories, clean room, data center …)
• Reduction of losses systems costs
• Simulation of heat and mass transfer (conduction, convection, radiation, evaporation, heat exchangers, …)
• Optimized dust removal systems such as fabric filters, electrostatic precipitators, scrubbers, cyclones, capture hoods, suction systems, …
• Structural Study and pressure load on buildings
INEX is known for its mastery of ventilation and thermal comfort of the large volumes that are characterized by the implementation of an important and efficient equipment requires perfect control of these facilities.
INEX conducts studies of thermal comfort and ventilation within shopping centers, stadium, arena, auditorium, swimming pool and train station …
Urban planning professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the influence of physical environmental factors on pedestrian behavior, particularly on how, in public spaces. Today, during the design phase, taking into account sensitive aspects of air circulation around and in the building is necessary for optimization of pedestrian comfort and urban development.
The study of climatic comfort in outdoor spaces or quantification of natural ventilation (air flow entering buildings) fits perfectly in the context of an HQE which can also be a complete mapping of urban pollution or calculation of urban wind potential for the establishment of small individual turbines.
The notion of comfort is implementing an approach that uses the frequency of occurrence and direction of winds common. Taking account of all the winds observed on site or nearby is essential to the analysis of comfort.
Inex has powerful tools for integrating aerodynamics phenomena at the neighborhood level (bar effect, swirling roller feet of buildings, venturi effect …) while guaranteeing a high level of detail across the pedestrian (air speed at a door, studying the introduction of baffles impact of revegetation of areas …)
Domaine d’intervention :
• Study of pedestrian comfort
• Study of the propagation of a pollutant
• Impact study of an urban project
• Scheme Proposal director of urban development
• Calculating pressures at any point in a building
• Vegetation Optimization
• deflector Study
• Urban Program Optimization
• Definition of aerodynamics improvement strategies in sensitive areas
• Study of wind potential in micro
• Study of natural ventilation potential
Natural ventilation of a room is provided by the building’s architecture. Natural ventilation is achieved through the pressure difference between two facades created by the wind and the building height due to thermal printing processes.
The relative importance of wind and thermal draft pressures in a building depends on the building height, the internal resistance to flow vertical air, location and flow resistance characteristics of openings envelope, the local terrain and the immediate protection of the wind building structure.
This type of ventilation and operation will be highly correlated with weather conditions outside the building, its orientation and design.
In a context where the building envelope is more efficient control of risk of summer overheating is required. And natural ventilation by cooling strategies sweeping day spaces and evacuating the night heat are often prominent in managing climate comfort of the building.
• Optimization of architectural projects
• Design of natural ventilation windows
• Study of internal ventilation comfort
• Environmental Impact near natural ventilation
• Optimization of natural ventilation windows
• Optimization of hybrid ventilation systems
• Study the number of overheating hours (STD)
• Free Cooling Strategy
• smoke extraction diversity Strategy and natural ventilation
INEX supports and develops from the concept study to the qualification tests, through numerical simulation phases of design, prototyping and installation of innovative products or including important technical constraints in the field of HVAC and plumbing.
• Design / optimization of HVAC systems
• Design / optimization of industrial extraction systems
• Design of specific systems: laboratory, clean room …
• Dimension of dedusting systems
• Calculation of the module pressure drop HVAC / Plumbing
• Balance ventilation systems
• Study of cavitation in plumbing systems
• Acoustic optimization systems
• Optimization of fire safety systems / study of the spread of smoke
R & D expenditures represent a significant share of the cost of a product. The industries must lock all stages of development to deliver quality products. But the costs of physical testing and prototyping up a large part of these R & D expenditures.
CFD can simulate and test industrial products cheaply because the tests and prototypes are reduced.
Our mission is to provide support to BusinessesBy solving complex physical phenomena to help them define, design, develop and maintain their industrial products.
The vocation of INEX is to study heat transfer and air-flow in both fundamental aspects and for industrial applications, especially in the field of construction and energy.
INEX engineers have detailed knowledge of energy issues and brings you their expertise on new subjects and at the forefront of research.